Head of Category Management & Training at Miele
Miele is looking for you! A passionate and experienced team leader with a solid knowledge of category management. Do you thrive on building strong relationships internally and externally? Do you put the consumer at the heart of everything you do? With the best market-, retailer-, product- and consumer insights you and your team of 3 Category Managers and 3 Product Trainers will develop and implement the local category management strategy (aligned with the global category strategy) and a strong training plan for Miele employees and our key retail partners. In this role you will be working closely with other teams; MarCom, Sales, Service and our head office in Germany.
Purpose of the position
- Create strong product category initiatives within The Netherlands (of course aligned with the global category strategy) in order to meet agreed local ROI targets
- All relevant internal and external stakeholders are to be trained to be able to understand the added value of Miele products and translate these into clear consumer benefits
- Build strong category insights through market research, sales figures, GFK data, competitor information, customer feedback and consumer insights
- Develop an impactful category strategy for each product group (Laundry, Dishwashers, Cooking, Vacuum Cleaners, Coffee, Refrigeration, Accessories & Consumables)
- Lead the development of the annual category & portfolio plan across the 4-P’s – including line-up, pricing, channel priorities (on & offline, incl direct sales) & activation needs based on market requirements to meet turnover-, unit- and profitability targets
- Work closely with the Marketing Communications division to help define the marketing communication strategy, create product specific communication plans and media strategies
- Together with the Sales and Trade Marketing division, translate the Miele portfolio and category strategy into a strong proposition for trade
- Prepare and lead the business reviews with head office incorporating competitor analyses, launch plans, local strategy, performance, growth drivers, suggested course-corrections and local needs to meet annual targets in a collaborative way
- Create an annual training strategy to ensure all relevant internal and external stakeholders are suitably trained and understand the added value of all Miele products and are able to translate these into clear consumer benefits
- Responsibility for delivering accurate Product Forecasts per product category
- Initiate and lead cross-divisional collaborations and projects to drive growth and meet set targets
- Support, coach, develop and motivate the Category Management and Product Training Team
- Sustainable market share increase in value and volume
- Meeting local turnover-, unit- and profitability targets for each product category
- Strong and motivated Category Management and Training Team
- Collaborative and productive relationship with all local divisions, management team and head office
En we nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met je op!
What are your competencies?
Initiate and lead
Building strong relationships
Two families have shaped the company for more than 100 years: the Miele and Zinkann families. In 1899, with 11 employees, four lathes and one drilling machine, the engineer Carl Miele and the businessman Reinhard Zinkann founded a company for the manufacture of cream separators in Herzebrock. Their guiding principle becomes the business philosophy: Immer besser.
‘Immer Besser’ defines Miele’s commitment to always do better in everything we do. It keeps motivating us to make better, smarter appliances so the homes and businesses they serve become more sustainable, from one generation to the next.
Since being founded in 1899 Miele has followed its ‘Forever Better’ brand promise. This means: we will do all that we can to be “forever better” than our competitors and “forever better” than we already are. For our customers, this means the peace of mind of knowing that choosing Miele is a good decision – and probably the decision of a lifetime.
- Demonstrated strategic capabilities and a drive for operational excellence
- Solid collaborator & influencer, used to working in an international set-up
- Data driven and an expert in translating information from various sources into solid insights
- Result driven, not afraid to take decisions and a strong commercial business acumen
- Outgoing and a strong communicator, fluent in Dutch and English
- Bachelor or Master degree in economics, marketing or comparable
- At least 8 years of experience in Brand Management, Category Management or a similar role for a premium brand
- At least 5 years of experience in successfully leading, developing and inspiring teams, bringing out the best in people
We offer you
- Permanent position, starting with a 12-month contract;
- Market conform salary;
- Company car including fuel card, laptop, mobile phone, bonus arrangement (up to 2 months salary), discount on company products;
- Modern working environment, with flexibility to work from home;
- A strong and stable family business with best in class premium products that puts their customer first.
You as part of Freelancers United
Freelancers United is a HOOP of over 3000 professionals in Marketing, Communications and Human Resources. The diversity of talents (skills, experience, personal characteristics) offers clients the possibility to bind knowledge, capacity and energy in a flexible and tailored way, for a short or longer period. When you fill this position, you also become part of our Freelancers United HOOP. What makes this so much fun?
- We have great clients, from NGO to FMCG, from startup to multinational. With special assignments we surprise you every time.
- We always switch quickly, openly and honestly, which is nice.
- We stay involved throughout your assignment.
We regularly organize networking activities that you can learn from as well.
LEF // we are rebellious. With us, it’s never boring or predictable.
CLEAR // we are concrete. We are never vague or complex.
CONNECTING // we are collaborative. You’re never alone.
VAUSE // we are always on. We never ignore an opportunity.
So, are we a match?
Get in touch with Maxime!
Call: 06 – 41 50 61 00